Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to be red lip ready.


I recently started experimenting with different lip colors and have found a new feature that is super fun to highlight. A lip color is a great way to brighten up your whole face in a quick and easy way. I love a bright lip color with a more toned down eye-- I just applied some mascara and a white liner to my inner waterline.

 I am wearing Arbonne lipstick in the color Bravo. This lip color is very pigmented and doesn't smear. I definitely recommend these lipsticks.

Before you apply your lipstick:

*Exfoliate- removing dead skin creates a clean palette. Use a toothbrush and lightly rub in a circular motion after applying a light layer of lip balm.
*Moisturize- Apply another coat of lip balm (I used Chap Stick in classic cherry). Let it soak it before moving on the the next step.
*Prime- Dab on a small bit of liquid or cream foundation. This will make your color last longer and prevent it from seeping into the cracks of your lips.
*Lipstick- Now you are ready to add your color!
*Touch up- Have a Q-tip and makeup remover on hand if you are a newcomer. It may be difficult to get the color just on your lips.

Don't be afraid to go bold!
<3

2 comments:

  1. Great tips. I never exfoliate before applying lipstick, i need to start doing it :)

    ReplyDelete