Saturday, May 5, 2012

My New Ombre Hair


My hair inspiration:
Camila Aviles

After much consideration, I decided to give into the new trend- ombre hair.  I have never colored my hair before, so I was hesitant this being my first time. That being said, I couldn't be happier with the results! It really adds dimension and interest to my dark hair. I love that undone, effortless look it gives you. In the photo above it looks more yellow (sorry for the bad lighting!), but it real life it is very close to my inspiration picture.
Stats:
About 3 hours for my cut and color
It cost me about $120

So it's a pretty long and pricey process, but it's very low maintenance and only needs to be touched up every few months. Still, if you aren't willing to break the bank, you can consider a DIY version. I ombred my friend's hair and it was much more affordable. However, is quite impossible for me to do it on my own hair which cued me to opt for some professional help. Here is a link to a great video if you are considering doing it at home:

Definitely a super fun trend to try!
<3




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I think your hair looks great :) I'd love to do this too my hair, but mine is dark brown/black - do you think it'd work? How dark was yours before you did it? :)
    Love the post, was very descriptive :)

    Love Gabriella xo

    I'd love it if you'd check out my blog, if you have a spare few minutes :) gabriellaontheloose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It would definitely work on your hair, my hair is the same dark brown/black color. Just make sure the change of color from like to dark is gradual.
    Good luck! :)

    I checked out your blog, I loved it so I followed you! :)
    <3 Grace

    ReplyDelete